toggle cbox
STAFF SEARCH
all coding questions belong in our CODING HELP forum, please! as always, keep in mind that we DO NOT ALLOW REQUESTS OF ANY KIND, THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS VIA PM.
shine is a coding-centric resource forum with a focus on helping people like yourself learn how to code! we offer premade templates and skins, as well, we have tons of tutorials and a helpful staff that will answer any questions you have.
ADMIN
LAUZKRISTA
GLOBAL
CHEYHANNAHJOSIESOPHIE
CODING
EVVIETAYTER
PEACEKEEPING
ELENA
GAMEMAKER
BREVAL
ADVERTISING
ALYSSAMEIREY
the skin and graphics were all created by LAUZ explicitly for SHINE and should not be replicated in any way; please do not derive inspiration from this skin. all work and materials found on this site belong to their respective owners and should not be stolen or recreated in anyway. rihanna PNGs in the banner are from maarco @ DA
SEPTEMBER 11TH please welcome elena to the peacekeeping team!

AUGUST 27TH please welcome tayter to the coding team!

AUGUST 18TH please welcome evvie to the coding team!

JUNE 16TH please welcome val to the gamemaker team!

MAY 16TH please welcome liv to the coding team! and welcome sophie as the new gamemaker global!

MAY 14TH hannah has stepped down from admin to fill the position of coding global for us!

MAY 13TH please welcome mei to the advertising team!

LOVED ONES
STAFF SITES

Add Reply
New Poll

hi-diddle-dee-dee, A WILD TAY APPEARS
aka TayTER
CODING
GIRL OF STEEL.155 posts gallery INTERMEDIATE prefers she/her
I'M SO BAD AT THESE THINGS????

hi everyone! i'm tay, aka: tayter, taytertot, taytle, etc etc etcccc. i've been a shine lurker for like 80 yrs or so give or take a week and 3 days. i'm also a ridiculous exaggerator sorry in advance. and 25 years young (lol keep telling urself that tay).

UM. SO i like to code? and i've actually learned a lot from shine's tutorials! idk where i would be without them hahaha. i've also taken most of codecademy's courses on HTML, CSS and JS/jQuery! i've only ever made some personal templates for my rp site and some for my friends, and a skin for the aforementioned rp site (the only one i'm part of XD). i pretty much spend every waking hour (that i'm not writing for the site) looking up new coding techniques or tricks or skills or like WHATEVER web development knowledge i can inhale. i'd like to transition from my current career (ACCIDENTAL OFFICE ADMIN) to web development!

SOME RANDOM STUFF ABOUT ME~
    1. supergirl is my life/marry me melissa benoist
    2. supercorp is my otp
    3. i have an amazingly supportive gf yay
    4. cat mom of psycho devil spawn kitty
    5. literally obsessed with disney
    6. my codes r probably laid out/organized awfully XD but it WORKS FOR ME RN
    7. i like to use chatspeak because i find it adds humour but thats just me idk i promise i'm very literate?
    8. CANADIAN EH!??!!?
    9. cookies r gr9
    10. rupaul's drag race
    11. this list is deteriorating
    12. harry potter gives me feels
    13. pokemon
    14. corgis
:\ I COULD ADD MORE TO THIS LATER BUT IDK THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF?
i'm just really excited to be here! 8D *waves @ everyone*

also i'm too lazy to make this pretty but i'm gonna start posting codes and actively being part of the community starting... NOW!

update - 08.29.2017
i've opened up for commissions on tumblr! check out the link belowwww <3
xoxo tayter
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
aka Kellie
Jessica Jones2937 posts gallery UNRANKED prefers She/Her
hello tay and welcome to shine!! we're so happy you decided to join and give us a shot ;D this is a great site to learn how to code, as you've probably seen! I want wait to see any codes you post, dear!! melissa benoist is actually perfect and i am in love with her too LOL! i agree with like a lot of your list man cats and Disney and harry potter and pokemon and cookies and corgis omg YES TO ALL PLS

if you need anything at all or just wanna talk feel free to pm me!!!! so glad to have you here <3

user posted image
aka Chey
GLOBAL
ROSE HATHAWAY!1379 posts gallery UNRANKED prefers She/her
Hey Tay!

Lurking for 80 years huh? You must be so exhausted lol *joking* Honestly that line just cracked me up. I am so glad you decided to introduce yourself and I am happy that shine's tutorials have helped you out so much! I'm Chey, one of the global mods here. I look forward to seeing your creations and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to contact a staffer. See you around <3

Hover over for updates

September 18th Hey lovelies. Happy September! I'm the Peacekeeping global, so if you need anything; feel free to send me a message security related or not. <3

aka Val
GAMEMAKER
MORTICIA ADDAMS.207 posts gallery UNRANKED prefers she/her
hi tay and welcome to shine!!

I totally understand the shine lurker part as I was one for the longest time. Disney is my absolute favorite thing too! and Harry Potter gives me way too many feels too lol I'm Val, one of the game makers here, and I look forward to seeing what you code! if you need anything, feel free to pm me, even if you just want to talk about whatever! 8D

normal is an illusion.
aka Mai
MAILICIOUS!146 posts gallery UNRANKED prefers SHE/HER
Welcome Tay! <3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
aka TayTER
CODING
GIRL OF STEEL.155 posts gallery INTERMEDIATE prefers she/her
AHHHH thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! <3 i really appreciate it, this place is such a great little big community of people and i'm so glad to beeee here! 8D hahhaa i'm glad my list of random things i enjoy was well-received and agreed upon i'm not alooooone

I CAN'T WAIT to contribute more and get to know all you lovely peopleeeeee~

update - 08.29.2017
i've opened up for commissions on tumblr! check out the link belowwww <3
xoxo tayter
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
aka sophie
GLOBAL
the hound712 posts gallery EXPERIENCED prefers
hi, tay, and welcome! I'm so excited you've joined us here at shine, and you've already jumped right into participating in challenges! I definitely hope you keep that up, since I'm the gamemaker global here ;D so I'm a little biased! I also super love your signature. honestly I can't even tell you how many times Ive just sat and hovered in and out. the triangle+circle+border – it all just works so perfectly together <333 I can't wait to see more of your coding, and definitely encourage you to keep submitting to challenges! <3

–the–
hound
aka Mei
ADVERTISING
Sasha Banks!!413 posts gallery UNRANKED prefers She/Her
Hey Tay welcome to Shine <3

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
Add Reply
New Poll